Sunday, January 24, 2016

Second Day in Copenhagen

Everyone I spoke to suggested going to Christiania. It use to be army barracks that hippies started moving into around the 1970s from all over the world. The police tried to start booting them out but they claimed squatters rights. You are not allowed to take pictures when inside. It was an experience.



     On the walking tour our guide told us some of the best food could be found at the street food area in a big building across the river from the Opera House. I decided to have lunch there. The toughest decision was deciding what to eat.





There were so many choices and they all looked delicious. I decided to go with an open face fish sandwich.



On the way back from the street food I ran across an older Poppy. The owner let me pet her dog.


I made it to one of the art museums, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek. Most of the art was from the Carlsberg private collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment